Saturday, April 19, 2008

God Open A Door.....

...that requires faith to walk through. Our pastor asked us to pray that prayer for ourselves last week. When he said that I knew exactly what door I wanted opened. I wish I could say that I had the faith. I've been "praying" about it or whatever, really just coming up with a laundry list of reasons why the door in front of me can't be opened, shouldn't be opened, or what else I am doing that would prevent me from doing what lies on the other side of that door.

A couple of weeks ago we had a revival at our church. Our pastor speaks about blessings, and ideas and lots of really inspiring things. Every time he speaks of ideas there is one that haunts me. The fact that Corpus Christi, Texas needs an indoor playground. Out doors is great, except when there is wind, or rain, or heat, or mosquitos, or the perfect storm of all four. I keep waiting for one to open. So, once again I was reminded of my idea.

The thing about our church, is when someone from our church talks about what God tells them, it is completely believable to me. God is very alive in our church. That is what I love about it. So, while Pastor Bil spoke to me, I spoke to God. I told God I didn't know where to put an indoor playground. He told me to put it in an old grocery store a couple of blocks from my house. I told God, that if HE wanted ME to put an indoor playground in the old grocery store a couple of blocks from my house that it would have to be my husband's idea, because I was not going home and telling my husband that God wanted me to rent an old grocery store.

Ha ha, I am so smart, of course my husband wouldn't suggest we go an rent an old grocery store. That was my out. Until, when I got home and my husband suggest we rent the old grocery store and do something with it. Ha, ha, jokes on me.

So, here is my journey, to have the faith to walk through a door that God has begun to open. I have to take another step forward, knowing God has my back. It's freakin' scary.

No comments: