Monday, April 14, 2008

I want a revolution

It's about time for a change here in Corpus Christi. Our play time options are limited. Don't get me wrong, there is so much to do here, sort of. When you have three pre-schoolers like myself it dramatically reduces what I am willing to put up with on an outing.

Parks are always an option, I'm still looking for one that isn't rusty, has facilities that are onsite and clean. One that has a good distance between the playground and the street in case one of the little ones makes a break for it. I haven't found one, and the prospect of going to a park doesn't put me in my happy place.

My other options are food places. There are playlands at M. Of course they are dirty, moldy, filled with fries, and whatnot. Then of course you have to buy food that you wouldn't normally buy for the privilege. Been there, done with that.

Moving on to pizza arcades. Get me a sedative please. They are crowded, loud, more expensive and prone to inducing tantrums. Do we not have enough c-r-a-p without being given the privilege of dropping $30 for a $3.00 toy that breaks before we get to the car. The food isn't any better.

We've tried the museums and such. Not pre-school friendly, maybe for one kid per adult, but tip the odds in their favor and they win. Add in the $120 membership and it isn't all that practical, especially since they too are crowded, and outflow into a toystore, more tantrums please?

The tantrum is indeed the most effective sales tool on the planet. That's why all the candy is at the check out, why every attraction is centered around a gift shop, or junk food kiosk.

I've been wishing for years that someone would open up a place, a climate controlled place as I am as fair weather as you get, where I alone could take kids without fear of losing one of them. Where I could play with them without the distraction of cheap toys and gross food. Where snacks would be available, but out of sight. Where someone actually cared enough to clean every once in awhile.

Well, I've decided that I am that someone. All I need is for all of you to visit. Often. If you do, I promise the snacks will be out of sight, eat them there or buy some and take them home for later, I can be very discreet. I promise that someone will clean, it probably won't be me, I will if I need to, but I'm going to pay someone really well to do it for me. You can bring in food from the outside, if you want gross food, that is your choice. You can still play, you can still eat. I will have fun stuff to do, your kids will leave tired.

I won't be using any credit to do this. I know, a freaking miracle will have to happen, it's ok, I know the miracle maker. In order to convice those who aren't so trusting in the miracle maker, I'm going to need some buzz. So get buzzy, let you're friends know. Give me, as my baby boy would say "lot a lot" of hits. Answer my poll questions. This WILL happen before summer, so get ready to play.

No comments: