Thursday, April 24, 2008

Making the World a Better Place

I am so excited by my new venture. It's like the guy who's been touring bars for twelve years and then becomes an overnight sensation. I've been thinking about this for years. I have just never done anything about it. I will admit to not ever feeling right about the timing, but not this time. I will give God the credit for giving my husband and I the same idea at the same time for a location, and also to God for having my husband bring it up....but everyday God gives me more and more brilliant ideas.

Idea One: Indoor playground, huge age appropriate and segregated areas. Birthday parties for you and your closest friends and not 3,000 kids whose parents left them there.

Idea Two: Hidden snacks. Bring your own food.

Idea Three: Music, Dance, Martial Arts, Theater Arts and any other extra curricular, non-field needing, activity that you can think of all in one spot. NO MORE DRIVING.

Idea Four: Something for the parents to do while they wait for Johnny and Susie to finish their classes. Massage anyone?????

Basically I am taking everything I hate about businesses and parenting children while visiting businesses, and I am doing the opposite. If doing the opposite can get George Costanza a job with the Yankees, it can get this girl something.

Of course, I need God to open that door. Do you think that the landlord will take the cattle on a thousand hills as assurance on my lease?

2 comments:

Brandon Cunningham said...

I love it! I had the same idea about that building when they moved out. I want in on it. Renee' and I completely support you guys.

Megan Wagner said...

Wow! That is great! Something that keeps leaping to my mind(I'm in physical therapy) is a daycare /therapy for kids with developmental delays, physical handicaps. That would be a great area to include in your indoor playground... something that is handicapped accessible/ fun. I would love to help!