Saturday, May 3, 2008

Ask and you shall be overwhelmed

So, when you ask God to bring you people who can help you out here's what you get....

Not one, not two, not three, but four people who have been researching or thinking about or praying about opening a fine arts center preferably on the southside of Corpus.

At least three persons with Masters Degrees in Education.
Several persons with Masters Degrees in Music.
Several people who are going to school for Business Management.
More teachers than I can count, and more with every check in on the email.

So, here I am trying to get out a business proposal, something I've never done, all while fielding emails to me about what the heck I'm doing, and how the heck they can get involved. Which, will be easier when I get a formal business plan. This is turning into a community center being built by the community.

Feel free to answer these questions. I originally had it in mind that it would be a for profit center, back when it was a playground. I wanted it to be for profit because I am a big fan of profit sharing. Now I'm wondering about non-profit, because fine arts do tend to be expensive with instruments and one on one instruction. But I have had several for profit people wanting space, am I merely becoming a sublettor? Can you have a for profit business, with a non-profit wing? I have no doubt with the portfolio that I am building that it would be crazy for the grocery people to not let us in.

The other cool God thing that is happening is I put out a feeler on Craigslist, no mention of God, but just an inquiry as to if there is an interest in a community center. 90% of the responses immediately reference God, and how they've been praying for something like this and how great God is. So, I must remember. God is in this, even if He has to remind me. So, I will not fear looking like the loon on the corner proclaiming that God is coming. He's here!!!!

So, I'm not working on this on Sunday. Sabbath break. Monday I'm off to Laredo to visit my baby mama. Tuesday will be the first I can get back to this, so if there is anyone out there who would like to volunteer their architectural services when the time comes, please let me know. Also, my business plan rough draft should be available for viewing later tonight, give me input. Oh and we need start up capital. We are NOT taking out a loan for this.

Please pray for good lease terms. That the owner of the building will build to suit. That the walls that are currently keeping us out will be brought down, and when they do we are able to take over the place like a bunch of crazy Israelites.

No comments: