Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Math is useful

I'm into writing the business plan. All of the fun details of how much money I'll make and how I'm going to do it. One time I look at it and go cha-ching, and the next time I look at it I'm wondering what the heck I'm doing. Then I drive past the big empty building and get back to work.

I'm getting insurance quotes, I'm very scared. Also, can't wait until I get the utility estimate, who really needs a/c in south Texas? But really exciting is picking out shirts and hoodies for uniforms. It would be really fun to think of purses and shoes too. Maybe I'll open a clothing store? ADD anyone?

I am definitely opening a coffee shop. There is a 900% markup on coffee. I know we're talking small picture here, but anytime you can get 900%....of course it takes a lot of coffee to make $1000. If I drank coffee I'd be ticked.

I'm also working on the employee handbook. Mission statements, FUNd raisers, party themes. Still looking for some design help as far as where to best place classrooms and such, as well as how big or small they should be. Please pray for this, it will answer a lot of questions for me.

Just wanted to quickly update everyone. Thanks for your visits and prayers. We are chugging along, and will get this done.

No comments: