Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Going to work

I'm reading a book by Rabbi Daniel Lapin called Thou Shall Prosper, it's very good except we disagree on financing your way to prosperity. I think of course he is looking at it from the lending side, rather than the borrowing side, but you can't have one without the other. Check him out at www.youneedarabbi.com

This whole process is overwhelming to someone who has been watching Oprah and doing mani-pedi lunches with friends for the last decade. I just want to get to work. I know what I want to do, everyone says business plans are necessary but always incorrect, so why do we need them? Of course, writing a business plan has focused my thoughts and made me realize that "oh I have to pay taxes" and stuff like that. So, business plan good, but boring.

Anyway, I'm a little ADD and am getting bored with the details of it all, like I said I just want to go to work, in the aforementioned book, Rabbi Daniel is relating the story of Abraham sending his servant to find Isaac a wife. Abraham gave the instruction to not choose a wife for Isaac from the Canaanites "among whom I live". His servant related the story to Rebecca's parents as Abraham not wanting a wife from "in whose land I live". It's subtle, but Abraham was, to outside observers, living among the Canaanites. When God promised Abraham the land, he believed it in his heart and from that point on saw the Canaanites as people who were in his land, not vice versa.

Starting tomorrow, I'm going to go to work everyday. I'm going to walk down to the building, believing in my heart that it is my building. I'm going to go check on it, walk around it, peek in the windows, pray over it. All crazy stuff to people who look on the outside, all the time believing in my heart that God has already promised it to me.

Also, I'm going to go read about when the outsiders view changed ownership. May tell me a little about what to expect. I'm sure I've heard the story many times over, but this time it will stick.

No comments: